Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review of Malie Organics Orchid Organic Body Polish

Review of Malie Organics Orchid Organic Body Polish




This is the 3rd review in a Series of 4 body scrubs. Previously, I told you that I was contacted by Self magazine to try out 4 different body scrubs and review them for the May issue (on shelves now!).  The third scrub I tried was Malie Organics Orchid Organic Body Polish. 

I'm the kind of girl who likes a coarse scrub, something that doesn't make me guess if its working. Malie's Orchid Body Polish definitely works. It is coarse and scrubs away any dead skin and left my skin feeling amazing! I enjoy stepping out of the shower feeling new and clean (who doesn't right?), and this scrub lives up to that expectation. It exfoliates, softens, and hydrates my skin so well. Normally, after an exfoliating session, my skin is left sensitive and lacking for hydration...Malie has those issues covered. 


Truth time: 2 drawbacks to this scrub.

1. The smell: You would think as a self-proclaimed Organic Junkie I would be down to smell like decomposing flowers. I am not. Since there are orchid petals in the polish, there is the smell of decomposing flowers. Make no mistake, its not a bad smell, just old flower smell. Think about the week after Valentine's Day when you finally have to throw out your beautiful bouquets- not a bad smell, just not what I want to rub on my body. However, because I liked this product so much, I would love to try some of the other 6 polishes to see if the same smell carried through the line.

2. The price: Malie's website offers 7 different options for body polishes-Coconut Vanilla,  Koke'e, Mango Nectar, Pikake, Plumeria, Anti-Aging Coffee Fruit, and of course Orchid.  You can get any of these 8oz body polishes for $29. I understand, it is more expensive to create an Organic product, but I just do not feel as though I would want to pay this price.

The ingredients of the Orchid Body Polish are organic sugar, organic jojoba oil, organic castor oil, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic tapioca starch, orchid petals, orchid Hawaiian hydrosol, vitamin E oil, and organic grapefruit seed extract.


Here's the Polished Scientific Method:

Product: 3.5 out of 5 Stars
Price: 2 out of 5 Stars
Recommend to a Friend: 3 out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment